A lady in our ward died the other day. I got a call asking if I could help with a dinner. I said, "Sure, what do you need?" Originally they wanted me to do funeral potatoes. For a family that deals with lactose intollerance, we don't exactly keep stuff on hand for such a dish which makes it hard. The other thing they needed were rolls. "I can do that." I told the sister that I would bring 2 dozen. "Oh." she said in surprise. I asked if that would be enough or if she needed more. "Oh, no. That will be fine. It is just going to save me a phone call is all."
As I was preparing Mom's refigerator rolls, I thought about how many times I had watched her make them for just an event. In her own way she was serving again this week; she was just using someone elses hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment